Chicago, beautiful city, reminder of … , the city of wind… I went for the Epidemiology conference. I was completely involved with my capstone thesis.  As I did my internship with cancer survivors and the analysis had to a lot with the epidemiology, that actually motivated me to attend the conference by American Epidemiologists Association. Almost 200 delegates including faculties, PhDs, Pharma intellectuals, Public health students like me, Physicians interested in epidemiology like me made their attendance, some of them made their presence felt. I am not sure whether I did it. But by asking three four questions, I think I grabbed the attention of at least few people. As a result one of the lady working for FDA approached me and we had brief discussion over the patent issue related to HIV drugs.

Anyway, long story short: I was going through the abstracts among the loud music with yummy drink in hand. I saw the abstracts with beautiful maps. And of course, sweet lady from Houston presenting it in very charming way. WOW!! After all, gender is sometimes confounding factor..haha.. she presented the prevalence of various cancers in the maps so beautifully. Believe me, I felt myself  grateful to Lehman college, Professor Levitt and Professor Morako. I remembered, in career panel discussion as well, one of the panelists mentioned the use of GiS for food deserts.

I thought to start a blog, which might be at least helpful for myself. Thanks CUNY!! I love you!!